The Segway PT is over-engineered with several double-redundancy systems built-in to ensure the utmost safety when operated properly.
- The Gyroscopes that keep you level: Needs 1, Has 5
- Braking system – “Ultra-Brake” technology applies reverse torque to the wheels stopping faster than skates, bicycles or people running at the same speed.
- It carries two batteries to override failures.
- Duplicate circuit boards are built in to ensure non-failure of the software controlling the Segway PT.
- The top speed is 12.5 MPH, but can be locked in “Turtle Mode” at 5 MPH to keep a closer watch on riders.
- Speed Limiters and Safety monitors will alert riders to unsafe riding practices.
- The Segway PT is only slightly larger than your body, and as narrow as your shoulder bones.
Each rider will receive a minimum of 45 minutes of personal instruction before embarking on their tour. All tours are led by trained guides.