What are the requirements to ride?
Our requirements are fairly straight-forward and exist for your safety.
- At least 14 years of age, anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable, closed-toe athletic shoes. Heels, curved soled “Shape-Ups”, or flip flops of any kind will not be permitted.
- Helmets are required and will be provided free of charge.
- You must weigh between 100 and 260 pounds.
- You must be between 4′ 5″ (135 cm) tall and 6′ 5″ (195 cm) for safety and comfort of the rider due to handlebar adjustment.
- Must be able to maintain lateral – side-to-side balance.
- Must be able to safely step on and off the Segway PT without assistance. This is similar to ascending and descending stairs without having to use a railing.
- Must be able to comply with all instructions and warnings.
- Must meet Segway PT operator requirements for the machine.
- Must sign release form.
- Tour must have a minimum of two guests to dispatch.
Not recommended for women who are pregnant.
Each rider will receive a minimum of 45 minutes of personal instruction before embarking on their tour. All tours are led by trained guides.