The Segway PT is over-engineered with several double-redundancy systems built-in to ensure the utmost safety when operated properly.
- The Gyroscopes that keep you level: Needs 1, Has 5
- Braking system - "Ultra-Brake" technology applies reverse torque to the wheels stopping faster than skates, bicycles or people running at the same speed.
- It carries two batteries to override failures.
- Duplicate circuit boards are built in to ensure non-failure of the software controlling the Segway PT.
- The top speed is 12.5 MPH, but can be locked in "Turtle Mode" at 5 MPH to keep a closer watch on riders.
- Speed Limiters and Safety monitors will alert riders to unsafe riding practices.
- The Segway PT is only slightly larger than your body, and as narrow as your shoulder bones.
- A self balancing personal transportation device designed to go anywhere you go.
- It requires no special skills to operate - virtually anyone can use one!
- It's compact, powerful, and rechargeable from any wall outlet.
- It is an EPAMD: Electric Personal Assistive Mobility Device
- But most of all, it's just fun!
We require riders to be 14 years old. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
We watch the weather very closely and never cancel a tour until it is time to depart and it is too dangerous to proceed.
- The Segway PT is 100% water proof and can operate in light rain and mist. We have ponchos in every kit, just in case a stray shower pops up.
- We may delay a tour a few minutes to allow for a shower to pass.
- If we need to cancel a tour, we do our best to reschedule you for a convenient time.
- If you assume the tour will be cancelled and do not show up for your scheduled time, you are responsible for the fee if the tour does proceed.
- If we are unable to proceed and we cannot reschedule a full refund is given, but only when we cancel the tour.
Tours depart from the Sports Complex at The Hotel Hershey (google map), next to the Tennis and Basketball Courts. From the main hotel entrance, take your third right, before the Valet/Hotel Entrance. At the Stop Sign continue straight. Turn left to proceed towards the Sport Complex. There is ample parking for you.
Our requirements are fairly straight-forward and exist for your safety.
- At least 14 years of age, anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable, closed-toe athletic shoes. Heels, curved soled "Shape-Ups", or flip flops of any kind will not be permitted.
- Helmets are required and will be provided free of charge.
- You must weigh between 100 and 260 pounds.
- You must be between 4′ 5″ (135 cm) tall and 6′ 5″ (195 cm) for safety and comfort of the rider due to handlebar adjustment.
- Must be able to maintain lateral - side-to-side balance.
- Must be able to safely step on and off the Segway without assistance. This is similar to ascending and descending stairs without having to use a railing.
- Must be able to comply with all instructions and warnings.
- Must meet Segway operator requirements for the machine.
- Must sign release form.
- Tour must have a minimum of two guests to dispatch.
- At least 72 hours prior to scheduled tour start time -If you need to reschedule your tour please do so by calling (717) 668-1641. Please note that if you cancel your tour a 10% cancellation fee will be charged.
- Less than 72 hours to scheduled tour start time -If you need to reschedule due to an emergency or for any reason within 72 hours of your scheduled tour, give us a call and we will do our best to work with you. However, any tour cancellations will be charged the full amount. Similarly, if you fail to show for your scheduled tour you will be charged the full payment amount.
-Inclement Weather -If your tour is canceled due to inclement weather, every effort will be made to reschedule your time or a full refund will be provided.